04 Dec, 2017 Bee Sting Allergy - Yellow Jackets on Steroids?
19 Oct, 2017 Vitamin D: A New Treatment for Asthma?
04 Oct, 2017 How to Avoid the Flu This Year? Get the Flu Shot That's Right For You
28 Sep, 2017 Play with the Pros: Sports Asthma
13 Sep, 2017
Melissa Gross, Family Nurse Practitioner
Melissa Gross, RN BSN CRNP
Melissa Gross is a licensed family nurse practitioner specializing in allergy and asthma care for adults and children. She has extensive nursing experience with an emphasis on fostering therapeutic nurse-patient relationships, educating patients and family members, delivering patient centered care, and pro-actively engaging in an interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
Prior to joining The Asthma Center team, Melissa worked at The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, with an emphasis on caring for patients in The Neuroscience Unit. In addition to her clinical responsibilities at The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, she was an experienced member of the nursing team by assuming managerial responsibilities, updating and maintaining nursing standards for the hospital, training new nurses, and teaching nursing students. Melissa completed 2 years of education as a nurse practitioner at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA.
- Board Certified – Family Nurse Practitioner
- ACLS Certification
- Critical Care Certification
- CPR Certification
- NIH Stroke Certification
Education, Training and Experience
- Unit Council Member for The Neuroscience Unit, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
- Charge Nurse, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
- Clinical Nurse, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
- Preceptor, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Thomas Jefferson University (Philadelphia, PA)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Villanova University (Villanova, PA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA), University of Delaware (Newark, DE)
Melissa practices in the following locations seeing both adults and children:
Our board-certified asthma and allergy specialists treat both children and adults in locations throughout the Delaware Valley, metropolitan Philadelphia, and South Jersey.